Antwerp Arms Awarded CAMRA Prestige Award!
We have been awarded the prestigious CAMRA North London ‘PUB OF THE SEASON’ Award! See below for more info!
Thanks to all our shareholders, volunteers, customers and friends who have supported us!
We will be receiving our award on Tuesday 19 January at 8pm. Come in and Celebrate with us!
Traumas, heartache and tremendous commitment to keep a well loved pub in Tottenham has finally paid dividends.The Antwerp Arms in the historic Bruce Castle Park area has been awarded CAMRA North London’s Pub of the Season.John Cryne, the Branch Chairman, said ‘The effort that the local community put into saving this pub has resulted in a hostelry that they can be proud of. It remains committed to supporting both the people who live locally and guests from further afield. We know this because the voting for this award came from all over North London. We are therefore very pleased to give this award to the Antwerp Arms. Even some of the beers they stock are local, from Tottenham brewer, Redemption’.
The Antwerp Arms, known locally as the Annie, dates from 1822 and is the oldest working pub in N17. It was purchased and saved from closure (and most likely conversion to accommodation) by the Antwerp Arms Association raising funds from individuals and a SIB Capital Assets grant. The pub is a haunt of Tottenham Hotspur fans and the Club and its Supporters Club also supported the campaign to keep the pub open. John also added ‘The pub is now getting into its stride and we hope that this Award will encourage others to come and pay this pub a visit’.
The pub is now run by the Antwerp Arms Association.The award ceremony will take place at 8pm Tuesday 19th January 2016. A few pints will be raised to celebrate. For further details contact:John Cryne on 07802 174861; Antwerp Arms: 020 8216 9289
- CAMRA is the Campaign for Real Ale and is a volunteer membership organisation with over 200 volunteer branches across the UK and over 170,000 members.
- CAMRA nationally was formed in 1971. It exists to promote good beer, protect pubs and defend consumer rights.
- The pub’s full address is Antwerp Arms, 168-170 Church Road, Tottenham, N17 8AS
- The pub opens 12-11 Mon-Thu; 12-11 Fri & Sat; 12-10.30 Sun
- The pub’s website is: www.antwerparms.co.uk, where there is more information on how the pub was saved.